Main Costa del Sol areas, with distinct look and feel / click each name for more info:
- MARBELLA (GOLDEN MILE included) and Puerto Banus are main parts of Marbella Central area.
- ELVIRIA, El ROSARIO and CABOPINO are part of Marbella East area, along with Rio Real, Los Monteros, Las Chapas and Marbesa.
- NUEVA ANDALUCIA, SAN PEDRO DE ALCANTARA and BENAHAVIS are parts of Marbella West area.
- ESTEPONA and SOTOGRANDE are main locations on the Coastline – West of San Pedro – towards Gibraltar
- CALAHONDA , MIJAS and BENALMADENA are spreding along the Coastline – East of Cabopino – towards MALAGA
- Country Estates – Marbella Area: are located in proximity of Marbella, in the surrounding mountains and fields (Campos) and include towns like Monda, Ojen, Istan.
- TARIFA – is geographically located on Costa de la Luz, right on the Straight of Gibraltar.
What is Costa del Sol really like?
If you already know Costa del Sol well, the odds are you might agree: the place makes you say “however” less than any other does. This is the simple and not-so-often stated reason why this area enjoys an ever-growing appeal for an eclectic mix of international residents, eager to make it their home base and enjoy the sun-kissed lifestyle.
So it has the all year bliss of a heart-warming subtropical Mediterranean climate, with more than 320 sunny days per year (with averages of 28.7 C in Summer and 17 C in winter). Never ending golf greens – more than 70 golf courses on 150 km. Chic crowds and beaches. The perfect wind for your main sail. Too many parings of gourmet dishes and wines to bother counting. More palm-trees and oleanders per square meter than people or cars.