If you already know Costa del Sol well, the odds are you might agree: the place makes you say “however” less than any other does. This is the simple and not-so-often stated reason why this area enjoys an ever-growing appeal for an eclectic mix of international residents, eager to make it their home base and enjoy the sun-kissed lifestyle.
So it has the all year bliss of a heart-warming subtropical Mediterranean climate, with more than 320 sunny days per year (with averages of 28.7 C in Summer and 17 C in winter). Never ending golf greens – more than 70 golf courses on 150 km. Chic crowds and beaches. The perfect wind for your main sail. Too many parings of gourmet dishes and wines to bother counting. More palm-trees and oleanders per square meter than people or cars.
If you know your way around, you can easily enjoy a sunny afternoon stroll on the narrow streets of a stunningly white Andalucian pueblo and – in just 20 minutes’ drive time on a scenic mountain road – to head towards the Sea and sip a glass of Cava in a posh beach club, rubbing shoulders with a beautiful crowd. And that’s a January afternoon…
This is the point when “however” might have come.
It doesn’t. Because one can enjoy all the above in a safe and stable European country, with one of the best infrastructures available: easily accessible and very well-connected International airport, toll-free highways to everywhere, plenty of organized parking facilities, International Schools at short driving distance and a well-established Public and Private network of hospitals and health-care units.
Let’s just say you already live here. What might be your plan for the next Saturday? Hard to decide! On a 2 hours drive radius you can be either in a magnificent, irresistibly Spanish town – Seville, Granada or Ronda, in the colorful market of Tangier, Morocco, skiing on the majestic slopes of the Sierra Nevada resort, windsurfing in Tarifa, or doing a wineries tour in Jerez. Your new dream home on Costa del Sol is also your perfect base for exploring the beauty and the treasures of Andalucia!
Moreover, the property choice in the area is amazingly diverse: from beach front apartments and villas, to mountain view town houses or golf properties, or the ever-charming country estates – traditional fincas with olive trees gardens and even winery estates. The market features constantly 100 square meters apartments with beautiful beach, mountain or golf-course views, along with 200+ square meters town houses or detached villas plus the high-end segment of exclusive million-euros mansions. Costa del Sol clearly rises up to the challenge of meeting almost anyone’s taste.
That being the case, the main reason why to live here transcends the fantastic weather, the luxuriant vegetation, the golf, the food, the welcoming Mediterranean sea, the laid back Andalucian lifestyle or the allure of luxury in all shapes and forms – from stunning residences and yachts to deluxe sunbathing beach clubs and fantastic Michelin star dining. (more to read after the property search bar)
Search your way towards your perfect property on the Costa del Sol!
What makes Costa del Sol unique it’s the mix of all the “yes” ticks in the “want” or “need” boxes, however their priority on ones’ list may be.
- Warm Weather all year: subtropical Mediterranean climate, with more than 320 sunny days per year (with averages of 28.7 C in Summer and 17 C in winter).
- Developed Infrastructure: 40 minutes drive away from Malaga International Airport, on the Autovía (CN340 or A7) a toll-free dual carriageway following the coastline. Enough organized parking spaces to keep up even with the two main yearly tourist invasions – July and August. Easily reachable State hospitals and big private clinics with 24h emergency, ambulance and helicopter services, and many private practices all over. English speaking doctors are pretty common. Wherever you might choose to live in this area, a good International School is a short driving distance away.
- Traditional Charm + Fancy Lifestyle: Rich, exotic history. The Moors ruled the coast for nearly 800 years, the Romans also thrived here and the coast’ reach history is leaving proof. Expect to see a perfect piece of true Andalucian architecture next to a moorish castle or light house or even some roman enclaves. Double that by the lovely contrast with some of the world famous posh beach-clubs, gourmet restaurants and exclusive hotels.
- Golf: ever wondered where the “costa del Golf” nickname comes from? 70 golf courses on 150 km, some of them famous – like Valderrama in Sotogrande.
- Outdoor activities: Yes, this is clearly a heaven for golf aficionados, but what if you fancy more sweat that it takes to make the perfect swing? Scenic tracking routes, safari tours, horse back riding, bicycle ridding, parasailing and all the water sports your back can handle.
- Nature & Beach life: Striking luxurious nature all around. Palm-trees everywhere, colorful oleanders, Almond trees, Avocado trees, Fig Trees and Junipers, Intense Purple Jacarandas – the Coast is a huge garden of exotic Mediterranean vegetation. As for beach time options? From sipping a cocktail in a posh beach club to savoring an “espeto” local fish in a quaint chiringuito and… everything in between.
Luxury Apartments and Penthouses with amazing sea views!